1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 V4 Solderless VS Fliptop

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ps2opie, Nov 18, 2004.

1. ps2opie

ps2opie Member

HI, newbie here. I have been reading a few hours now about moding. I was looking at mod chips than after learning more about fliptops was convince on that since I was hesitant to solder. But after realizing I have a PS2 Ver.4 game and that a solderless mod can be put in, I am now undecided again. Please help me on this. With the flip tops most recommend making sure have "memory doors and white disc" Explain what these are please. I know its lot to ask but can you give me the pros and cons to both fliptops and solderless chip if possible. also best place to purchase online. . Hope this helps others with same question. Thanks again to all whom contribute and god bless all especially our troops overseas.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the fliptop is a million times better. the no solder mod blows fuses and is a pain to use.

as for "With the flip tops most recommend making sure have "memory doors and white disc"
    dont worry about this. you don't need the memory doors and you use the white disc thats in your ps2.

3. billz

billz Active member

I had a V4 with a no-solder and it served me well for years until the laser died.There's benifits to both.
    Fliptop transferable to other versions
    no solder is invcible and nobody know's your system modded but you