1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 v5 No-Solder mod won't eject

Discussion in 'PS2' started by souro, Mar 2, 2003.

1. souro

souro Member

A week ago, after succesfully using the no-solder mod for a few weeks, the eject tray stopped coming out half way (when kept the button pressed for a while). Normal eject worked fine.

I then sent the chip back, got a replacement, got a new eject cable as well, and after 2 days of it working fine again, now the tray won't eject at all. Normal ejecting works still, but when pressing it for a few second, I get the amber light and everything, but the tray won't open at all!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Souro

2. Colemanvt

Colemanvt Member

hey souro you know I had that same problem when I took my ps2 to a friends house. I have a stand for mine where it strait up but I didn't bring it with me... so I had it lying on it's side and that exact thing happened to me but when I turned it on it's side it worked. So if you haven't tried it already try ejecting it while the ps2 is standing up. I'm not sure if that'll work but it doesn't hurn to try.

~CVT

3. souro

souro Member

Hey CVT

Thank you for your response. I'll give it a go as soon as I go home later on (Damn work...)

I am not very optimistic it'll work, but thank you anyway! You never know!

S