1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 v5/v6 problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by paul399, Jan 18, 2004.

1. paul399

paul399 Member

i have one of those following versions, its moded, and my problem is, when i baught it (2 weeks ago) the ppl gave me 3 games with it, and they were burned games, these games still work fine, and so do the originals, BUT i have tried burning TONS of games, and none work, none....i tried using dvd+r's and dvd-r's ,and still no luck, why is it that my own games dont work, plz anyone help me ( and i dont use piracy , i have originals of all my games before i proceed to copy cuz my friend had to paya charge already , dont want that happening :p ), am i burning wrong, is it my ps2, or my chip? (by the way my modchip has to be held till u see playstation 2 to play originals, and to play the copied games they gave me i dont gota do nething it activates it itself, wut modchip do i got..?

2. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I think that you are burning the games wrong. I use dvd decrypter. What I do is switch the mode to read and rip the dvd to the hard drive. After that, open dvd decrypter again and switch the mode to write. Just select the iso that wasa ripped and vurn the game.

3. paul399

paul399 Member

could you explain how.. i dont need to rip nothing, i have isos already and or the files tjhemselves....where do i go from here? thx for ur time :D

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

since you dont need to rip anything and you already have the iso's, I would recommend using Nero as the software. Open up the program, cancel when a burning wizard comes up asking if you want cd or dvd. Go to the file menu and select "burn image." Just select the image and then burn the disk.

5. paul399

paul399 Member

bro ive already tried burning the following games, smackdown, dbz budokai 2, nhl 2004, um ffx2, and many more.... i burn sucessfully the iso to the dvd-r, its not a problem but the ps2 still dusnt read them. Also should i extract the iso and the files in it to my hard drive and burn them or that wont work, or should i only buirn the iso.. could someone please specifically list what files i need to burn ty..^

6. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

Since you have the originals why dont you try doing a direct copy of one of those and see if it works, if it does then either your iso's are somehow corrup, or you are burning them wrong.

Ive had a couple of images burn successfully before and when opened on my comp, show an empty disc, but after brning another copy using exactly the same settings i get a working disc.

7. paul399

paul399 Member

ok i did the thing that the first guy said ... and i burned smackdown.iso wit dvd decrypter and it worked, im gona just do direct copies of games that i got and read/write them and it works, gona try more tommo and ill let u guys kno if i solved the problem, and thx for taking your time in helpin me