1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 V7 Mod

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by new2mod, Feb 8, 2005.

1. new2mod

new2mod Member

Hello,
    Need some major help...

So I took my PS2 apart with the intention of putting in a
    Magic III chip...realized my soldering skills just aren't
    that good.

Any trusted companies out there who can finish the job for me?

Also--do you know of any issues with the Magic III chips? If so what chip would you get instead?

Thanks,

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  2. Berge

Berge Member

I don't know of any companies myself. However, there may be several people that can guide you to a company etc.

I installed the Magic 3.1 chip myself in a V7 PS2. It works great! I don't know of any limitations, but I just use it to play my backup copies and nothing else fancy. Have you already soldered wires? Have you junked anything up?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. Serath

Serath Member

I'm not a big company, but I've done several mod installs on many different systems. I also repair systems if you've messed them up. feel free to contact me if you'd like to send your system in.

4. new2mod

new2mod Member

Berge: I haven't soldered anything yet...just taken apart and with the grace of a 500lb ape I broke the fan connector on the board...it can be soldered directly to contact points.

Serath: Have you done any work for others on the board? Reason I ask is I don't really know you. (I am new to the board) How much would you charge? You would need to solder chip...fan connection and put back together.

thanks,
    R

5. Serath

Serath Member

no one on the board, but I can offer references for installs I've done for other local people, computer repairs, from all over, etc. I charge 30 bux plus shipping. If it's just the chip and the fan connector that needs to be installed. If the board needs extensive repairs like surface mount fuses, diodes, chip replacement, etc that's an extra 25. You can also check out nvnews.net and ask any of the top respected members and they'll tell you what kind of person I am. I'm actually trying to establish a presence as a cheap and very trustworthy mod installer/ps2 repairer. So just let me know.