1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 V7 no solder

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GBHISME, Jun 28, 2003.

1. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

OK I have been searching messages for a few hours now and I have not found direct answers for my situation. I have a v7 PS2. I cant solder. Noone I know can solder well enough. I am skeptical after reading some posts about people sending their PS2's out to have a modchip installed and getting ripped off. Is there a no-solder method available to me? I have tried the slide card trick with a gameshark version2, but that hasnt worked yet. I see a website (easybuy2000) who has a no-solder chip for v5,6,&7. Does this chip work and what limitations? Thanks.

2. djillini

djillini Regular member

Get a fliptop with swap magic dics...works with most backups.

dj

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

the no solder modchip works but, doesn't usually play all the games a solder modchip can play and you have to use a swap method with swap magic disc. gameshark swap method won't work for you because you have v7. so you have to stick with a swap magic disc.

4. GBHISME

GBHISME Member

When you say most games, what are the restrictions? (ie: EA games, etc..)

5. billz

billz Active member

games that have a double check(ex.splinter cell)and games that are dvd9,and dvdrips.The fliptop and the no-solder are basically the same except the way you put the disk in.so it's either change from top with fliptop or the no-solder mod where you hold eject for three seconds

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I would definately go with the fliptop because it is easier to install and works better. Also When the Swap Magic 3.0 comes out you will be able to play those double check, dvd9, and dvdriped games.

7. psx245

psx245 Regular member

only negative point is that flip-tops make your ps2 look crappy. well that is only my opinion and no solder mod is really easy to install also