1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 V7 problems...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by omegared, Nov 4, 2007.

1. omegared

omegared Member

Ok, so I've been trying to fix my PS2 for a while now, but nothing is happening! So, my PS2's disk try got off the track, so I opened the PS2 up and put the tray back on the tracks, but now it won't play any games!

I thought it was the lens, so I followed a guide that said to turn this white gear 1 click, put the disk tray cover on, then try to play a PS2-DVD, PS2-CD, and a music CD. So far, I'm stuck on getting a PS2-DVD to play! I've turned the gear countless times, and know I've gone around at least twice now, making sure the gear moved one space at a time, and nothing has happened!

Do you have any suggestions? I am getting really frustrated! Thanks in advance.

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

3. omegared

omegared Member

Okay, so I'm not really looking to invest any more money into a PS2 console, so I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it. I don't see a tutorial on changing the voltage...

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

5. enquiry88

enquiry88 Member

hi.. i have this problem too.. but my problem is my ps2 is able to load PS2 dvd games.. but for ps1 and dvd movies.. it does not load alhough is can be detected.. but the problem is i load ps1 and dvd movies into the cd tray.. it will always detect as Playstation 2 Disc.. i press X, it will go to a black screen and follow on goes back to the browser screen again.. i do not noe wad my ps2 problem is...

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Try to adjust the laser height first. If that doesn't work then adjust the voltage of the laser.

7. enquiry88

enquiry88 Member

i already tried the laser height adjust.. cant work too.. will try the voltage adjustment.. but really need to use non-metallic screwdriver?

8. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I think it would help but if you don't have it then you could cover the tip of your screwdriver in electrical tape or duct tape or just use a small glasses screwdriver. Use the "Small Glasses Screwdriver" as your last resort.

9. enquiry88

enquiry88 Member

ok i will try it.. thx.. will post back my results