1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 v7 swap magic 3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by anomaly3k, Nov 24, 2003.

1. anomaly3k

anomaly3k Member

Alright... I have heard and read many things and unfortunately have been led to two conflicting conclusions.

I want to mod my v7 ps2 to be able to play backups of playstation 2 games which are pretty much all DVD version discs. I have some nice Plextor drives, and DVD+R is supported by the ps2 v7.

I have heard that you need a modchip to be able to play backups if I were to get the flip top and swap magic 2.0 DVD disc.

Also in other places, I have heard that you dont need the modchip, and can just use the flip top and swap magic 2.0 DVD.

Also does the fliptop break the warranty stickers?

Once I have the fliptop and v 3.0 Swap magic CD + v2.0 swap magic DVD, all I have to do is boot my ps2 up with the swap magic disc, insert the backup game when it tells me to (via fliptop) and get to playing?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I want to be extra sure before I purchase the fliptop and swap magic.

Also, do you reccomend against swap magic and for a modchip, in terms of functionality?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you dont need a mod chip with swap magic and flip top/slide card to boot games but you may need a copy of cd loader(free download)to boot some games(used in conjunction with swap magic)
    yes fitting a flip top will invadilate your warranty
    your boot method is correct
    cant tell you about mod chips as i use flip/swap magic on my v7
    also heres a list of problem games with swap magic and there fixes http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003