1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 V9, reads cd's but not DVD's

Discussion in 'PS2' started by harrymia, Jan 25, 2007.

1. harrymia

harrymia Member

I have an unmodded V9 (model 50003). Its has stopped reading DVD's, but still works fine on cd's. Tried the usual lens cleaning (no different).
    When I switch on with the cover off, and no disc in, the laser seeks it's start position, gives one red flash, bobs up and down twice, then settles into its default position, I think this is right ?
    The laser height adjustment is the one with two camwheels, I have not adjusted the height at all.
    Laser is a Sony KHS-400C.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

adjusting the height can help, you just need to do it slow and careful.
    1. mark the original position on the laser.
    2. pick a direction and turn it one click at a time, putting your system back together and testing it after each click.
    3. if after 5-6 tries it doesn't work go back to the original position and try the other direction. One of them will work if it is not the laser going bad.
    I would find and read a guide for your version PS2 so you know what your doing first. Mine only had one wheel (V7) so one of yours may be height and the other voltage or something, so look into it.