1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Ver 12

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bbmayo, Oct 31, 2004.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have just bought the new PS2 SCPH-70012 which is a version 12 PS2. My question is, is there a MOD chip or boot loader for this new version of PS2 out there yet? I have spent hours searching the web fo something with no luck. Any help here would be great thanks

2. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

nope nothing yet and theres not going to be anything for a while best bet is to return and get a version 10!! this is also going to be a bitch to mod when the mod does come out!!!

3. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

my bad the matrix infinity or DMS 4 Pro may work? not sure but maybe

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Chaos321,
    What is going to make this so hard to mod? I really like the compact design of this new PS2 and am willing to wait a little while for a MOD or something because I really like this new box it's about 1//2 size of other versions and already has network & modem built in no need for adapter. Only thing missing is hard drive.
    I do have another question has any one figured out a way maybe to attach an external hard drive via the USB ports on the PS2? I mean I know you could hook one up to it but to get it to read from it and load games? You see I am in the Army and fixn' to go back to Iraq and if I just put all my games on a hard drive this would be ideal instead of taking my games over there and getting them all scratched up and ruined.
    Thanks for the input

5. account

account Guest

both of those chips work and so do the swap magic discs.

6. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

You're going to Iraq? Well good luck and becareful.

Also for the question on the hard drive. If you go to www.ps2ownz.com they mention that some developer is making a USB external hard drive to work with new versions of HD Loader and it should be released in the next 2 months.