1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 ver 4 with magic wont load DVD -R

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jonny1185, Jan 20, 2003.

1. jonny1185

jonny1185 Guest

Thats what i am using i have a Sony DRU-500A and i cant get it to work it sais that ther is a PS2 disc in on the browser screen but then it gives a blank screen and after that goes to a movie starting screen and when i click play it says unable to read disc this is all weird considering i am burning NHL 2003 i have read that a guy had record now and Prassi installed and had problems if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks

2. dead_eye

dead_eye Guest

is just this game or wont it play any DVD's. If it wont play any look around on the net for the alternate wiring for the chip to enable it. (its only one wire that needs to be changed)/

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I noticed you just said magic and didnt give any number after it at all. it could be the magic 2, 3, 3.1, 3.5, 3.6, 4 (4 is a fake)! If its a magic 2 it could be possible that your game needs patching!

5. jonny1185

jonny1185 Guest

thanks for the replys
    i have tried the other w connection and it still doesnt work i used alcohol 120% to burn the dvd and am using a magic 3.1 whith 22 wires the supposively best modchip around
    anymore info would be great

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Did you try to copy an other game yet ?
    Did you try to burn to an other brand DVD-r ?
    What brand DVD-r are you using ?