1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 version 1 serial, with version 3 board dissassembly problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by seaneboy, Jan 12, 2003.

1. seaneboy

seaneboy Member

alright guys, anybody having problems with dissassembly of ps2 with version 1 serial and v3 board? i cannot seperate the heat sink, from the small board, and the mainboard. . and i need to solder on the bottom of the mainboard, but this is impossible with it being attached to the heat sink. . please help if anybody knows, im frustrated with shitty forums, numerous tech supports not knowing shit. . someone knows whats going on. .

sean

2. SomeGuy01

SomeGuy01 Guest

There are two things stopping you from seperating the boards. First off next to the heatsink fins are 4 big solder connections on the small board. Those need to be de-soldered. Second is the black connector that links the small board to the mainboard. I found it a pain to remove, but with a little anger, cursing, and jiggling, it will come loose. I think that was what you were talking about. I actually removed one of the front metal pieces on the black connector (don't know if that was necessary) and then gently raised one side at a time to seperate it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2003
  3. seaneboy

seaneboy Member

yeah that was what i figured, that those points had to be desoldered, pain in my ass. . thanks buddy for the info, too bad i cant get the damn solder to melt on those points, and im scared to melt the board, so im kinda at a loss of what to do

sean