1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 version 4 dms3 installation problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brimx, Mar 14, 2004.

1. brimx

brimx Member

ok.... ive successfully installed a dms3 in my version 5 but then someone gave me their version 4 with the gap bios and i did it.... BUT there are 3 alternatives to the higher letters, so i used the ones on the bottom of the board. but in order to solder to those points, i needed to scratch off the coating to expose the copper. well as i was doins that, i also scratched a bit of the traces that go to the point, but it kinda looked like it was a deep scratch and it might have cut the trace, but im not sure. so i continued installing the rest of the wires, and now i get a black screen and the ps2 doesnt boot. :( does anyone kno if theres a way to fix this? maybe, i can connect a wire from the point to the end of the trace and "relink" the point and trace? or maybe its not the trace thats messed up, and its something else? i swear to god every single point is perfect and precise, with no problems. but it could also be where i routed the wires. it says not to cross large BGA's but wtf are those? can someone give me some advice/tips/suggestions?

thanks

2. brimx

brimx Member

can someone please help :(