1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 versions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by grendelkh, Jun 21, 2003.

1. grendelkh

grendelkh Member

Hi, i´m buying a new ps2 and i´m not sure which combo (ps2+chip) is better.
    i´ve heard that the best is SCPH-39001R + Matrix Messiah DNS (or Messiah2 PRO V. 1.30)
    but there seems to be more than one version of 39001R (V5, V6, V7 ???)
    my questions are: how many different versions of 39001R exist? is there any difference between these versions? , and if so, what are those differences?

Thanx

2. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

the newest version out is v8 i believe. Version 7 and 8 have the strongest lazers and so i hear are the best for soldered modchips but not so great for non-soldered modchips cuz some games don't work great and might need patching. I recommend getting a pre-mod, that way you probably will not have to pay as much and they are responsable if anything goes wrong.

3. grendelkh

grendelkh Member

thanx for the info golden_35, but i still have two questions...
    what´s the difference between 39001 & 39001R?
    what´s new in v8 that the v7 doesn´t have?

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

There is no 39001R. There is a 30001R. And also the V8 system nevr came out in the US. some installers say there is when they cant get the installation right and they blame it on that. Although there are some V7 systems that seem to not work well w/ modchips and cant read DVD-r very well. I have run into this 3 times but I would not call them V8's. There is 39001/N, that is the new V7 network adaptor bundle but it is still a V7. I have modded at least ten of them w/ various chips since they came out.

5. telescope

telescope Regular member

get urself a SCPH 3900X
    IIts the v7