1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Vertical or Horizontal???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jlhfit, May 1, 2005.

1. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I was just reading about how it is better on the laser to stand it up vertical then horizontal position. Anyone any comments????

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I have 2 PS2's right now and one gives me a "disc read error" on CD only in the vertical position, and the same error on DVD only in horizontal position, so I'm not sure what the deal is there.

But I can tell you, if you are using a hard drive, the PS2 cools better in the vertical position.

The only reason I know this is feeling the temperature from the fan when in the two different positions. My PS2 runs hotter when lying down. I'm not sure if there is a difference without a hard drive though.

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  3. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Could be why, I guess it would be better on the HD so it wont get over heated, but I wonder why the laser reads better..

4. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Could be better ventilation, I have an old DVD player that skips alot when it gets hot.

5. kocher

kocher Regular member

i never have problems when horizontal, but i have a flip top so kinda hard to stand vert. just take a break after hours of playin. i know its hard, but try lol.

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

you know whats funny.. I come to this site to learn more about mod'n and playing boots and now I make all this stuff for my PS2 then I try it make sure it works then get back on here, I cant get away from my computer now...

7. kocher

kocher Regular member

yeah i feel ya!! im constantly checkin to see whats new and what problems people are havin, cause i freakin had em all!!