1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 vS. X-BOx

Discussion in 'PS2' started by flynn53, Nov 17, 2004.

1. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Room closed

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

okay........................... thanks for that info

3. Harryford

Harryford Member

just get a mod and a bigger hdd, cheaper and better. and when you sauy bigger hdd 40GB's is small HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... IVe also never heard tghat about jap xboxs

4. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

Ps2 or X box???? hmmmm
    well honestly i am more of a sony fan. My thing on the issue is that yes it is true that xbox is the system with the biggest engine but if the games where that tires that were needed in order for the engine to perform, then what are you xbox owners going to do when you have used up your last wheel and ps2 owner still have plenty of spares to replace the previous one. Halo 2 is a great game but it is just one game. I would rather have 3 great games than one. I am not saying Xbox has just one game that is hot but i am saying GTA san andreas and Metal gear solid 3 look a lot more attractive than halo 2. X box just doesnot have the quantity. sorry but your out or spares.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

PS2 yes... Xbox no cuz the big games get ported to PC. And by then the graphics will be much better with the newer vidoe cards.

Halo 2 is not better than san andreas. The two cannot compare, both offer different experiences and are totally different.

And yes Halo 2 is the only good game on Xbox, bar Halo. The first one made the machine the second gives it breathing space.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  6. flynn53

flynn53 Member

like i said ps2 has more games but X-box has few but most of them are good games, a lot of sony systems are good systems, But microsoft6t is good to considering windows and alll the microsoft software, Microsoft has a edge on making a better running machine, and thats what X-Box is, But as far as GRaphics i'de give Sony the edge on that, Sony is a multimedia company, So sony most likely has better graphics. But has i said before it's all in your ipinion and what your looking for

7. Xian

Xian Regular member

It depends on what games you like. The games I like are found more on the PS2. I like platformers and I found the Xbox lacking in decent platformers like Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter.

The other genre I like is RPGs, but I prefer them on the PC instead of a console. Many of the big ones on the Xbox are ported to the PC and I would rather play them on a PC - Arx Fatalis, KOTOR. Fable looks good though. I think for most sports games the Xbox would have the edge.

You can always get both, they aren't that expensive. For the same $300 price that I paid for my PS2 at launch 4 years ago you could have both systems today.

8. flynn53

flynn53 Member

I agree it also has to do with the games, But not all x-box games are on Pc and also X-box runs games better than computers Becase an x-box that's all it does is run games, and it devotes it's hole syatem to it, Where as a computer can't do that

9. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Xbox easily, mainly because its games get better ratings than the PS2 and swapping memory cards around does get a little annoying sometimes. Also the Xbox controller S is designed to relax the arm and wrist thats why they say if you sprain your wrist then play the Xbox with an S controller (actually helps and relaxes your arm) whereas the PS2 controller looks an feels like holding a sardine tray.

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

its the ps2 forums... sure you can post here but saying xbox is better than ps2.. in a ps2 forums... is a big mistake.. you will be flamed my man... why not post in the xbox forums since you like the xbox so much? :)

11. flynn53

flynn53 Member

I am posting one in booth, I haven,t aucually bot one yet and it's down to PS2 and xbox so i am comparing and contrasting, The joystick one someone told me in my other chat xbox vS. Ps2, bUT SOME PEOPLE LIKE THE GUY THAT POINTED OUT THAT SONY HAS BETTER GRAPHICS, hAVE PROVED A POINT AND POINTED OUT THAT IN SOME AREAS pS2 IS BETTER THAN XBOX

12. flynn53

flynn53 Member

WHAT DOES FLAMED MEAN

13. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

ok, mistakes are made but, one, flamed means that people post crap about you (call you a N00B, etc.)

and

two, you should not have double posted, Neph (or any other Mod) will catch you for it and it can get you banned.

14. Harryford

Harryford Member

what company would have nothing to do with graphics...HAHA graphics are made by a 3rd party..IE ati or nvidia.

15. flynn53

flynn53 Member

OK HOW DO I CLOSE THIS ONE

16. offset

offset Regular member

I read somewhere that Microsoft loses about 100 dollars or more with every sale of a x-box. In my opinion, that would be the only reason to buy one. I played Halo 2 the other day, and I wasn't all that impressed. I'm a die hard PSX 2 fan, so I guess I'm somewhat biased.

17. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Hun then you would think thede do something u known honestly i haven't yet played halo 2, but i've watched trailers for it