1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 w/messiah from socalmods

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 32Degreez, Dec 16, 2003.

1. 32Degreez

32Degreez Member

I ordered a new ps2 from socalmods which will be here next week before Christmas. I've backed up a few of my games with dvd decryptor already and I need to know which type of dvd's to use. I've burned many dvd movies with dvd-r and dvd+r already that play wonderfully.
    Should I wait until I get my modded ps2 before I burn the backup discs? I don't want to make backups on dvd+r (vice versa) and have them not work. Socalmods said it's a new ps2 with the messiah chip installed. When they say "new", I still don't know what version I'll be getting.

One more thing, does having the chip installed let you play backup dvd movies in your ps2?

2. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. 32Degreez

32Degreez Member

Ok, thanks man.
    Socalmods are running slow! He said he's going to ship it on friday or monday. I ordered it over a week ago.
    Anyways, my friends regular ps2 won't play burned dvd movies. He has a 5/6 version. I tried

4. 32Degreez

32Degreez Member

Ok I just played a dvd-r movie in my friends ps2. The dvd+r and dvd+rw would NOT read though....even after a system config.
    Is it the burn speed?
    Comp usa 1x dvd-r works
    Memorex 4x dvd+r doesn't read

You think it would be the other way around

5. 32Degreez

32Degreez Member

Update--

Ok I got my ps2 today!!! 12-27-03

Doesn't work

Updates:
    Added on 12/26/2003 - It has come to my attention that there is a problem with the Messiah2 chip and the new V9 or newer board. For some reason, after some time of playing, the chip snuffs out the board. The Messiah2 team is looking into this and hopefully will put out a fix. i don't know what they will do about all the PS2's that it has killed. Maybe there will be a quick fix? Until then please purchase the Messiah2 premod at your own risk

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  7. 32Degreez

32Degreez Member

Yeah I emailed the main guy at the store. I'm sure he'll make it right. he should just take it back and give me a dms3. I ordered it on the 8th....and got it today! LOL