1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 was working with mod for a year, not reading anything now.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bruschijr, Oct 30, 2003.

1. bruschijr

bruschijr Member

just a question. I modded my ps2 and it was working fine for a while, then I moved from FL to NJ. It boots up fine but will not read anything, backup or original, the CD rom just keeps making the sound like its reading the disc...cant describe the sound...like little bugs clicking or crunching or something... but the sound of the drive reading the DVD. It just keeps doing that. It still boots up fine though.. I checked the wiring and solder points...all look good...The controller cable connection to the motherboard is a little messed up, but the controller imput still works so I dont think thats a problem... Maybe the DVD drive got messed up.... any ideas on how to fix that? I'm gonna try cleaning it, but if I have to adjust it...think that would work... P.S. I have another PS2 so its no rush, I just don't wanna trash it....cause the new ones not modded. Thanks

2. skyline22

skyline22 Member

it sounds like you need a new laser thats wot happend to mine and i had had it modded for a year