1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 will not turn on after installing flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rebel13, May 1, 2005.

1. rebel13

rebel13 Member

Yesterday i installed a ps2 flip top v7 on my ps2, downloaded instructions off the internet and followed them exactly. When i was finished i went to test out my ps2 and it will not even turn on. I checked the power supply and the cord and they have power running through them. I am at a lose for what to do. If any one has any suggestions or has encountered this problem before, PLEASE HELP.

2. connolly

connolly Regular member

I had the same prob with my v7. It can be v. temperamental about the power button. Check that the silver cable isn't snagged inside the new lid. Also check that the button fixing is not too tight inside the new lid. By this I mean, make sure the buttons still click when pressed. If the buttons are snapped into the new flip-top lid too tight they sometimes can't be depressed.

Let us know how you get on

3. meyer_m

meyer_m Regular member

This is how I trashed my first PSTwo.
    I opened it up and apparently when you open it you have to pull it towards you and then up, when I just pulled it up it destroyed the little switch that controls the on/off button, I had to return it. (Thank God They Bought It)

4. SiLenT-J

SiLenT-J Guest

Try buying a new Power/reset cable that sounds like thats the problem.

5. paymenow

paymenow Guest

I got a question about the slim top. Is it just the same as having magic-tool in the whole time or you just using it nothign

6. SiLenT-J

SiLenT-J Guest