1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 WITH MODBO4 V1.99 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NomRower, Feb 27, 2012.

1. NomRower

NomRower Member

Hello everyone i have a a problem and ive crushed my head and i cant find a sollution.
    I have a ps2 slim 70004 (v13) and before one week i have installed a modbo 4 v1.99
    and a laserfix board.It was no problem because if have enough soldering experience.
    Everythink went good. I connected it to my tv and played a burned game immediatelly.
    Everything was normal until today. When i put a burned dvd inside (maxell dvd-r written
    with imageburn at 4X) matrix screen comes normally (i can even access the menu circle+triangle)
    sony entertainment screen after and the UNABLE TO READ DISC. Every game. If i put a dvd movie
    it plays normally. An original game plays normally.Backups wont. Tryied burn game in a fresh dvd.
    Double checked the connections of the modbo everything is ok. What is happening? Does
    anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

2. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

post a picture of your chip install

3. nidayaqoob1230

nidayaqoob1230 Member

My PS2 is a stout-line model SCPH-30000. It plays all of my ps2 and ps1 games. My girlfriend just bought me grand theft auto san andreas. It was used but it doesnt look to be in bad shape at all. I put in the game and it runs normally until I start to actually play it after the opening scenes. I am able to get on the bicycle in the game and ride around but it looks like all of the graphics arent loading all the way. The buildings lack the visual detail that they normally have (I used to own gta sa but sold it back in the day) If i try to bring up the map, the game freezes, if i travel to certain areas, the game freezes. when i try to start the first mission titled "big smoke" the game freezes. I have been reading online about replacing the laser in the PS2 (never done this before)..is it necessary? I doubt the disk is bad, but its a possibility. What are some good home remedies for making discs work better? Afterall, my other games work fine so i dont see how it could be a console issue. However gta sa is a larger game with a lot of different things going on (not sure if this would effect loading or how the laser reads the game or not) Does Gamestop do ps2 console cleaning or change lasers for ps2s? Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated