1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 WONT BOOT AFTER MESSIAH 2 PRO INTALLATION

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nabila, Sep 27, 2003.

1. nabila

nabila Member

I recently installed a Messiah 2 pro chip on a version 7 PS2. When I start the ps2 the screen is blank, but both lights are on and the cd tray ejects. I was just wonderring what could be wrong, and if there is a certain area I should be looking atr for mistakes. I'm hoping that people in this forum will answer me since in this other forum they didn't.

2. Edmundo22

Edmundo22 Guest

Your hope has been replied. Do a search on this forum for "installation" u shud find a thread which will tell ya how to check ur installation.

3. djc11369

djc11369 Member

Check the resistor where you soldered your "s" connection and make sure it didn't lift off the board.

4. nabila

nabila Member

The 's' connection?? There is no 's'connection, do u mean the SCEx??. The SCEx looks fine to me, it was real hard to solder, but i've read in some forum that the ps2 should still work without it.

5. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

check your av cable is plugged in right

6. djc11369

djc11369 Member

Yes the scex and from my own experience no it doesn't work without it. You get the results you described, but if you checked it then thats not it.

7. nabila

nabila Member

av cable looks perfect, i held on to it just in case, because that's what it look like, the ps2 is working but no picture. Thanks for the suggestion though.

There is this troubleshooting thing for the chip though, it says the there could be a misintallation on the BIOS, however i just looked carefully, no bridges, only perfect soldering, looks fine.

does anyone know? if the SCEx is damaged will this create such a condition?
    heeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!1