1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 won't boot anything that's burnt

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by aoshi, Nov 26, 2004.

1. aoshi

aoshi Member

okay so my ps2 was working fine for two months now and after last night when i was gone for 4 hours. my sister decides to pop in a stupid burnt dvd karoake cd into my ps2 which i've never done before and it gave an error saying disc error, then it would bring her to the screen where they give you all those button to choose from for when you are watching a movie. so now, everytime i insert ANY burnt cd/dvd. it would just say disc error and brings me to that same black screen with all those buttons. i know it can't be the len problem cause it reads the normal cd perfectly. so it's either the chip being corrupted or the ps2. anyone know how i may reset the chip or maybe the ps2 hardware system itself?

2. jedibamf

jedibamf Member

Did you play the games BEFORE She used the Karaoke cd? If not, you Might need to reburn the file (be it .cdd, .img, etc) With the appropriate burner.

I happen to have a Similar problem; but mine is with the swap magic. Now my PS2 Only reads CD's and PSX disc, It wont read any DVD-5 or 9, legit or not.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  3. jedibamf

jedibamf Member

*double post*

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  4. aoshi

aoshi Member

yes, before she even used the karoake cd. all my games were working perfectly, running smoothly and everything

5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Are you using a mod chip? I had the exact same thing after I tried to boot a bad movie dvd. The disc span up real fast as it tried to boot, then after that it refused to boot any back up games. I found that one of the wires had come away from the mod chip install. I guess the connection must not have had enough solder and was just hanging on, then when the disc span really fast, the vibration was enough to work it loose.

6. rashad1

rashad1 Member

I hope youre mod chip has a warranty unless you installed it youreself, some installation companies have a lifetime warranty if they put it the mod chip.