1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 wont boot..... help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by punx777, Dec 2, 2004.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

okay, i got a v 7, i have a matrix infinity professionallly installed.... i went to put on a new case. now my ps2 wont power up, the eject reset lights dont turn on, ive tried a new ribbon and even a new eject reset buttons.. must be somethign on the main board.. could someone help me please??

2. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

does the fan turn on?

im guessing that upon installation of the new case, you might've accidentally loosened the power supply prongs (4 big pins). make sure that everything is securly inserted, especially ribbon cables. good luck.

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

well no, i can only turn the ps2 on in the back.... no lights come on on the e/r buttons, so no fan...

i know theres power at least getting inside the playstation because i accidently touched the bottom of the power supply board and it gave me a little zap

4. xshredx

xshredx Regular member

well that zap could have been from a capacitor that hasn't been fully discharged yet.

it could be that that there is power only on the power supply board. (due to a loose connection).

if i were you i'd take everything apart(making absolutely sure i know where everything goes back), and then put everything back together nice and tight, just to rule out the possibility of a loose connection. this may save you a lot of time and heartache. also, you will have the chance to clean out all of the dust.

you never know, something might be shorting out/preventing contact on a connection. i had a problem like this before, it turned out that a ribbon cable wasn't completely in the slot, or improperly alligned with the contacts.

and don't shock yourself to death! remember to unplug the unit before touching ANYTHING under the case.