1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 wont detect mutha F'in HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Ectascy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Ectascy

Ectascy Member

I have a maxtor 20.8 gb hdd that i had on a previous computer and i have everything on it set to 0 but when I hook it up to my PS2 HDLoader,HDAdvance,DMS formatting tool and ULaunch does not detect my hdd. I cannot hook it up to my computer because my computer is too dumb and wont read 2 hdd at once. I can get my computer to read it when I look in my bios it says that it is hooked up but when I put the HDD in my ps2 and turn on ULaunch i doesnt detect it. I have checked the jumper settings like a fergillion times and it is set to MASTER. I would appreciate it if someone could be kind enough to help me=]

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

this is from the hdloader website

Q. I have a hard disk drive installed in my PS2, but HDLoader says there isn't one installed! What gives?

A. Your hard disk drive is not compatible with HDLoader.

and also

Q. What are the maximum and minimum hard disk drive sizes supported by HDLoader?

A. The original version supports from 40-120GB. V3.8C now supports drives 200 GB, 250 GB and even 500 GB and more!

you'll need at least 40gb hard drive for hdload to read it

*edit* for super cheap and completely reliable hard drive go here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N=2010150014+1035907789&name=IDE+Ultra+ATA100

its all IDE/ATA hard drives (the ones compatible with hdloader)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008