1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 wont eject and no signal

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lunar, May 1, 2004.

1. lunar

lunar Member

My ps2 stopped working, i can turn it on with the eject button but theres no light for the eject button, and it doesn't eject. Theres also no signal going to the tv, theres just a black screen. Thanks for any help!

2. lunar

lunar Member

Someone please help!!
    Thanks.

3. modsRus

modsRus Member

Did you install a chip?

4. lunar

lunar Member

Hello, thanks for your interest!

It had a magic3.1 in at the time it went. I took the chip out and the ps2 still doesnt work.
    I been looking up about it and i think i need a ps11 chip/fuse. It should measure 0 with a multimeter.
    I actually pulled the ps11 out of the board so i think i'm looking for another one.
    Any extra info would help.
    I am not sure if i can check the ba5812 chip either.
    Thanks again for your interest.
    I know the magic3.1 is still ok because its in another ps2 and works fine.( in case this helps )
    Thanks again.:)

5. account

account Guest

ok i know what your problem is and its easy to fix but one of the parts are hard to find.

the ps11 fuse is dead and impossible to find (almost)
    your ba5815fm chip is most likly dead also because i found that the ps11 fuse doesn't do a very good job at protecting the chip.

the fuse im not sure where or how much but the ba58 chip costs around $15

also becarefule when removing chips and fuses dont just pull them off like you said before. for fuses put flux on the side then add solder heat it up and remove each side one at a time. for the ba58 chip put a pin under a single leg and put pressure on it while heating it up with the soldering iron and those will be off in a matter of minutes and for the ba58 chips two middle legs (the large one) put flux on them and add more solder to get those ones off

and yes adding solder makes the chip/fuses come off easily.

if anyone knows where to buy those fuses or some other type that would work can you please tell me where.

6. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

I had a similar problem with a V3 recently - all it was though was a dry joint on the ground line used for the DUO chip - no fuses were blown - just was the case that if the chip is installed but not functioning then it can interfere with normal functionality.

the fuse should be easy enough to replace - depending on where you are from you have:
    Jameco
    Farnell
    RS
    digitech
    etc - all online parts resellers - radioshack is not likely to stock them though.

7. lunar

lunar Member

Thanks so much for the help.
    I am going to start removing the ba58 chip. I read that the fuses should just slide out, i found out the hard way they dont. (Doh).
    My dad works in electronics so ill ask him about the fuses and chip. At my work we have RS catologues aswell, but im signed off at the mo.
    Ill post when I find out more.
    The fuses, are they 2A fuses or something.
    Its got S3 written on it, so is it an S3 fuse?
    thanks again.

8. lunar

lunar Member

Ive been looking on the RS uk website and found a 2A suface mount fuse.
    Would this be what i'm looking for?
    the RS part no is 344-5175.
    Anyone who can help,
    Thanks.

9. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

i have exactly the same crappy problem with my Ps2 and it cost me 60 bucks ya know how many nights i needed to work to get that money!!!
    and note im not a hoe
    mine is a 30009 jap with Messiah 2
    I recomend you to take it to a nonlegal repairer in one you can trust of course and they will do all tha job for ya!!!! youre not risking your Ps2 and plus they can clean your lenses and leave your Ps2 like new
    Marie = }

10. lunar

lunar Member

Thanks for the advice,
    The trouble is I wouldn't know where to go. No-one i know has a chip in there ps2 or had many troubles.
    I don't any shop or company which i could trust.
    I've just been given another ps2 but it's very old. It's got two of those BA chips but none match the BA5815FM. Could I use any of these other chips instead? There is a BA6667FM and another one. Any help? Thanks alot.