1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 wont load backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by radeonpc, May 8, 2007.

1. radeonpc

radeonpc Regular member

hi i have a chipped ps2 fat black 1.it been fine for about 7 yrs 1 day the ps2 was standing up it got knocked overon to the floor only the length of the ps2.so i checked it just to make sure it was fine playing god of war 2.i found this bit about running the game in hd mode so i tried it got it running in hd mode played it for a bit turned it of the next day would not load and dvds games.runs cdrs runs dvd movies and runs normal ps2 games but not backup dvds.when i run a game the disc spins get past the browser then just goes to a black scream and disc stops and does nothing.it some times goes to the bit where the mc is or says plz insert ps2 disc.and now my fan does not spin plz could any 1 plz help me thanks for your time.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Based upon what you've said, have you ever bothered to open up the PS2 and check if the modchip might have popped out or gotten a bit loose? From my assumption, when you said, "it can run cdrs, run movies and normal (original right?) ps2 games yet no backed-up dvds," your modchip might have been a solderless one and came a bit loose after the collision. As for the fan not working, perhaps that could be the alternative cause of you being unable to play anything at all recently? Maybe due to the impact when you dropped the PS2, the fan got damaged; hence, when you try to boot up anything, the PS2 automatically turns off to prevent any overheating. Without a fan to cool the motherboard, perhaps that's why it closes at the browser; however, based upon your test results on getting your things to play, I say try to replace the PS2's fan and see how it goes, and also, check to see if the mod-chip is firmly in place.

3. radeonpc

radeonpc Regular member

thanks alot m8 it a chip with cables on all soldered tried two fans still the same any more help would be great thanks.