1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 wont load recent backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rewak, Apr 13, 2005.

1. rewak

rewak Member

My PS2 won't load any backups i have made recently. I have tried 3 games (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Devil May Cry 3, Cold Fear) all on Datawrite DVD-R in both Nero and DVD Decrypter. I have a V4 PS2 and use Swap Magic V2 with the flip lid. When i try to boot the game, the border turns blue then a blank screen apears and nothing happens. The same thing happens if i use CDLoader. I can get Kingdom Hearts to go to the menu but i takes like 10 minutes and if i try to start a new game it crashes. The same thing happens with all 3 games and i have no idea what to do, please help!

P.S - Backups that i have made before these still work perfectly

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Do those games need to be patched? I would check into that...

3. rewak

rewak Member

Hi. No, none of these game need to be patched. I have now tried the following games.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Get to the menu after waiting but doesnt get any further

Devil May Cry 3

Can play the game but wont save

Cold Fear

Doesnt boot (blue border then black screen)

Red Ninja

Gets to the menu after waiting, movie plays but very jumpy, then crashes while loading main game

Predator Concrete Jungle

Doesnt boot (blue border then black screen)

Haunting Ground

Doesnt boot (pink border)

All backups i have made before these still work with no problems. I have used both Datawrite and RiDisc DVD's on all games but both give the same results except for Devil May Cry 3 (Datawrite gives a blue border then a black screen, RiDisc gives the above result) Please help!