1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Won't Load Some Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Sevket, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Sevket

Sevket Member

I have a Playstation 2 RSCPH-30003 and I have installed Messiah Modchip to it in 2001.

Here is the problem:
    When I insert the DVD-R it does not recognize it.Then comes browser/system configuration screen. I press browser in PS2 menu, it says "reading disc" I wait for a while and it either does not recognize the disc and spins madly or it gives the message "disc read error".

It plays the originals and some of the games perfectly well. For example I have downloaded:

Gundam SEED OMNI vs ZAFT 2 Plus (Works perfectly after 3rd DVD+ Copy)
    Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (Works perfectly well)
    Metal Gear 3 Subsistence DVD 3 Existence (Works perfectly well)
    God of War II Demo (Managed to played only once)
    Metal Gear 3 Subsistence DVD 2 Persistence (Does not work at all)
    Metal Gear Substance DVD 2 (Does not work at all)

I use brand DVD +/- discs (Philips)
    And burn them in the lowest speed using Alcohol 120 %,DVD-Decrypter...

Please tell me a way to make them work I'm going crazy here

PS: Do you think Swap Magic can work ? If so I might buy one. Please tell me a reliable dealer that might ship to Turkey

2. steimy

steimy Active member

it could be that the PS2 does't play the brand of disc well.
    It could be that 1X speed is too slow to burn them (especially on an 8X or 16X disc) Try doing them with DVD Decrypter on 4X
    could be that the laser is dirty and needs cleaning, but if it still play some back ups and all originls fine then i doubt it.

3. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

I'd more than likely say it's the brand of disc to be honest.

Couple years back when I first got my ps2 chipped, I was using them crappy philips dvd-r and the games would work fine for a few months and then out of nowhere I'd get that damn "please insert disc".

Luckily enough I was a member of AD and start using Verbatim and burned x4 and I've never had any probs since.

Firstly I'd change my disc's if I were you to Verbatim or Ritek if you can't get your hands on Verbatim.

Good luck

Sandisk

4. Raalk

Raalk Member

You should definitely change your discs. If you have low quality media they will not only refuse to load, your eye will wear out faster as well.