1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 wont play dvd games sometimes

Discussion in 'PS2' started by robert34, Jul 1, 2003.

1. robert34

robert34 Guest

hey guys

My ps2 wont play my dvd games the first or second or third time i try them. sometimes i have to do it over 15 times to get it to start. my ps2 is v7 with a magic 3.1, and im tryin to boot gta vc and mgs2. wat could this be ???? anything would be helpful

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

possibly a dirty laser ...but you ahve a newer ps2 so that would be odd

you should try getting one of those cleaning discs that you just put in and it will clean the lens see if that helps

3. djillini

djillini Regular member

Yea, try getting one of those discs or it could be that some of the games you are trying to play are just having trouble loading which is the case a lot of the times...magic 3.1 is a good chip that plays most backups but a co-worker of mine does have occasionally problems with some games.

4. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Yeah its the same with my v7 and magic 3.1 i keep burning backups with my pioneer 105 and they just dont play!

5. robert34

robert34 Guest

my backups do play. but they dont play on the first try or more tryies. sometimes it takes me 20 times to get it to work, sometimes its 5 times.

how does this cleaning disc work?

6. shopchris

shopchris Member

Try to clean your games, maybe it's dirty. You have new ps2 so problem is not your lens. What dvd-r brand do you use for those games?

7. robert34

robert34 Guest

dvd-r mitsumi

8. shopchris

shopchris Member

we never try with mitsumi dvd-r, do you try other brand like ritek? Ritek work without problem.

9. robert34

robert34 Guest

no i havent, they worked before like a charm, they just dont always boot now,

10. robert34

robert34 Guest

oops to many posts, something is wrong with my computer

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003
  11. shopchris

shopchris Member

For some dvd-r media, after a while of using will have problem. Even with original if you have scratches on it, your ps2 may not able to load it. Is your mitsumi dvd-r games have a smooth surface (no scratches)?

12. robert34

robert34 Guest

no clean very clean
    but what i dont get is why does it boot sometimes and not other times?

13. c7015

c7015 Regular member

does your ps2 ever have problems booting original dvd games

14. robert34

robert34 Guest

actually they dont work at all the real dvd games. i bought them used and they were very scrathed so i copied them right away and the real copies dont seem to work at all.

if it it is the scratches on the disc would i get a browser menu or memory card manager then the red screen of death?

15. shopchris

shopchris Member

you will get rsod or memory manager with scrathes' dvd

16. Workshed

Workshed Guest

I think it may be the dvd media (at least i think with mine it is!) i've just backed up the hulk to a datawrite 2x DVD-RW and it boots first time everytime on my magic chip!!

17. robert34

robert34 Guest

well i dont think it is the media, anyways i cant check because my dvd burner is not working. mitsumi doesnt seem to be very bad. but i will do everything you guys suggest

18. c7015

c7015 Regular member

It dosent souind like the media to me either try to get a game that is not scratched to test becasue if the games that you are backing up are scratched and your drive cannot read them correctly it is not going to duplicate them right either

also do dvd movies work (backups or real)

19. robert34

robert34 Guest

yes they only originals
    i havent backuped up a movie since i need to buy another dvd burner_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2
    v7
    magic3.1[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003