1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 won't play God Of War.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by elwood72, Feb 28, 2007.

1. elwood72

elwood72 Member

I just bought God Of War (used) and my ps2 won't play it. I just keep getting a disk read error. I tried playing several other games and they all work fine. I took the game back and they gave me another disk. Brought it home. Same result. What the heck is wrong? Is it my console or the game disk?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

only thing different about God Of War and most other games is that it is dual layer (DVD9)

3. elwood72

elwood72 Member

Ok. So what does that mean? Is there anything that I can do to make it work on my ps2? Will the game only work on a newer ps2 or something? Is there any kind of calibration I can do? Any help would be appreciated.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

It should still work. I was just stating the only difference i knew between the problem game and 90% of the other games out there.
    Both my V7 and V12 play original DVD9 games just fine.

5. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

Disc scratched? Seems like an issue with that specific disc.

6. elwood72

elwood72 Member

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I'm more of a GameCube guy, but have borrowed my brother's PS2. It seems that it is just an old one. Probably a version of console that can't handle this new of a game. Anyway that's what the guys at Gamestop told me today. I borrowed my daughter's console and the game works fine. They got theirs about three years ago. The one I have borrowed was one that my brother bought off Ebay or something. Anyway. I think I figured out what's up. I just have to buy a newer console. Thanks for the info that you replied with. Peace.