1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Won't Play Gran Turismo 4 Original??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Minnyboy, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Minnyboy

Minnyboy Member

Hey Guys/Gals, I'm new here & would like some advice in regards to my PS2...

Around 2 years ago I tried to mod my PS2 but borked it & then went to get it repaired...It was a DVD player laser job that needed to be repaired...

When I got it back I noticed that it was a different revision PS2 from the one I originally had... No problem there as it played all my backups... Until now...

I just came home from getting a brand spanking copy of Gran Turismo 4 & tried it in my PS2 & guess what?? My PS2 doesn't even recognize the darn disc let alone play it...

I tried one of my earleir backups of True Crime & it works fine but when I try the original GT4 disc it goes straight to the "System Config" page & doesn't do anything else...

Anyone help me here?? I'm about to get my refund on the product as I can't even get it to play... I remember the bloke who did my PS2 mod told me that some games I had to wait til the loading screen "Sony Entertainment" (or something like that came up & hit the start button twice but that doesn't seem to work either...

Is there a new security code on these newer games that make it not work with some of the earlier mod chips??

Any ideas/tips appreciated...
    BTW, great forum here...

Minnyboy

2. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

Does it play any other games that recently came out? If so try playing GT4 in another PS2.

3. Mondax16

Mondax16 Member

Try holding the power button for approx 3 sec, this should work. I had this problem with mine!!!

4. Minnyboy

Minnyboy Member

Yeah, I tried that holding down the power button for 3 seconds...

Turned my PS2 off... Did it again to turn it back on & it still went straight to the config page...

True Crimes is probably the most recent game that I've tried with my PS2... More of a PC addict these days.. Using phase change & all...

Oh well, I have to get my other PS2 back off my brother-in-laws... It's the newer model that was modded correctly... The guy who modded it never tried to change the internals (read: motherboard) of my 2nd PS2 & I don't need to press the power button twice or hold the power button down to play any games...

I'll give it a shot with the power button thingy before I return it...

Cheers,
    Minnyboy