1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 wont play newer games....!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jgrems, Jan 31, 2003.

1. jgrems

jgrems Member

I need some advice..it seems my playstation 2 will play all my old games..it will play no new games though..it will not read the disc..what could the problem be?

For example...i cannot play Vice City...please help with anything

Jordan

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

I think I may need a little more info.There are 2 types of discs the ps2 reads, CD and DVD based games. Cd based games are blue on the back and DVD based games are silver. When you say older games are they blue? If so and it does not play the silver ones(such as vice city)then you have a bad lens and more than likely have a early model ps2 ver1-3. This is a common problem in older ps2s and you may be in need of a replacement. Check to see what plays and what doesnt and post back.

L-Dubb please edit your signature to have nothing about modchips etc. Thank You.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2003
  3. jgrems

jgrems Member

i think it might be the lens....its the more silver games

how would i go about getting a new lens

i have the first model of ps2...will sony do this for free?

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Will sony do it for free!? HAH!! I think not my friend. I think they charge like $100 or more. I could do it for cheaper(although not much cheaper) but I am in the middle of a heated debate w/ the moderator on me offering my services and my web site. For now call sony 1-800-345-7669, or you can just go to sonys web site. Hope this was helpful to you!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2003
  5. jgrems

jgrems Member

thats bogus! It seems this happens alot..sony is definatly pushing me towards microsoft..thats bull.....thanks for your help though...why pay 100 if i can get a brand new one for 200?

Once again thank you for your time though
    jordan