1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 won't play purple-sided games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by trix4kids, Jul 12, 2003.

1. trix4kids

trix4kids Member

My Ps2 will play all my silver-sided games such as NBA street 2, gta vice city, mk deadly alliance, gran turismo, and nfl blitz 2003. However, when I try to play my purple-sided games such as Madden 2002 and Nba Street it won't work. It makes a funny noise when trying to read the disc. What could be the problem? I have a v5 ps2.

2. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

Most likely it's probably your laser. how long have you had the system?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Coming in second only means your the FIRST loser." - Fear[/small]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  3. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

Because I also had the same problem with my old PS2. It was a version 4 and was also picky at reading the purple sided discs. I bought a PS2 laser cleaner and it turned out fine. Although it did come back about 4 months later which told me to purchase a new one.

4. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yea buy a laser lens cleaner. U could pick up a scotch brand at best buy or circuit city. I heard many good reviews wit the scotch lens cleaner. U could get it at any electronic store by u.

5. trix4kids

trix4kids Member

Thanks I'll try it.