1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 wont power up help anybody

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ill6q, Apr 21, 2003.

1. ill6q

ill6q Member

i cant power up after i put in a no solder modchip...i took it out...no power still
    HELP

2. PSX

PSX Member

is your playstation have no power at all (no light @ reset, eject)? then check the fuse to see it's still good.

3. ill6q

ill6q Member

where is located and how do i know if its bad

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I've been waiting for this to happen to another person, i had a no-solder chip kill 2 PS2's. There was a guy here a week or so ago that mentioned that it's a .04amp fuse on the board. i asked where it was but got no response. I went with the fliptop so this wouldn't happen again. tell me, did you have a whining noise when your tray was out? mine sure did, both of them. I think there but be a batch of bad chips out there, where did you get your and how long did it take to kill your PS2? I had mine in my first one for about 1 month, then when it died I got another system and it lasted 12 hours before the chip killed it. please let me know if you find any more info out on this, i'm afraid this is about to be a major problem for the no-solder users.

5. ill6q

ill6q Member

i got mine at modcip.com....it doesnt even work on my v5 and i just got the dam thing like 5 days ago i am mad as %%^^$ that ny ps2 is broken now

6. Modboy04

Modboy04 Member

Hey dude, the exact, unfortunate, and frustrating same thing happed to my version 5 PS2! I just now got it repaired and reinstalled at http://www.circumtronics.com. These folks do a great job, and as long as your motherboard isn't completely fried, the cost to repair is a very good deal. My advice to you is to save yourself the trouble i went through and send your ps2 to these guys. Also, a sidenote, they are apparantly about to release a whole new batch of no-solder mods that are greatly cheaper than any other competitor. Peace out.

7. elclubber

elclubber Member

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago to my V5 PS2, stuck in the chip, switch it on worked for around 5 hrs, then nothing... Ordered some fuses, changed the ones I could... Still nothing.
    I've only just got my replacement today, will be checking it out tonight when i get home. Messiah 2 will be bought asap.

8. ill6q

ill6q Member

yo i was return my PS2 to EB and got a replacement how dope is that

9. glassman

glassman Guest

Anyone wanting to know where the fuse is.
    You have to strip the top and bottom covers off and unscrew the four screws on the square pc board on the bottom. The fuse is located on the other side of this power supply board.