1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 won't read any discs.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by irishking, Mar 21, 2005.

1. irishking

irishking Member

how can i fix my ps2?

here is my problem, i bought a matrix infinity, and got my uncle to install it, but he wasn't able to because all the points were too small for him, and when i got my ps2 back it is unable to read and discs, when i go to the browser it just says "reading..."
    i opened it my self today,just to see if maybe my uncle forgot to connect something, but everything looks connected. how can i adjust the laser to see if that is the problem?

also i just bought the new slim pstwo on saturday and it works great, but i stall want to be able to use my old ps2, and maybe even put it in my car.

any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

do a search on the internet, there are a few site that will tell you how to adjust the laser.

you would open it up
    take off the disc tray cover, unless you installed a flip yop in which case you already did that.
    eject the disc tray, and then while it is out turn off the PS2 so it stays out and the power is off.
    then you can look for a white spoket type wheel towards the back of the disc tray.
    mark your original position with a black pen.
    then turn it one notch at a time.
    do it in one direction first and you will have to put it all back together after each try to see if it works.
    If not go back to the original position and start trying the other way. Most of the time it should be withing 3-4 notches of the original position.

3. perro20

perro20 Guest

tell your uncle he owe you a play station