1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 wont read anything.........

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by kevinmark, Nov 18, 2004.

1. kevinmark

kevinmark Guest

the ps2 wont read anything dvd cd anything. the cd doesnt even spin and the lens doesnt even put out any laser. how do i fix it

2. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

not sure, but if you have ever open your ps2 i bet you have one of the cables inside unplugged.

3. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

have you ever open the system to mod it or something??

4. GunCon

GunCon Member

My PS2 just started doing this today aswell. No modding inside the console has been done. I have been using swap magic and HDLoader, and actually I just put the hd back in the PS2 when the problems started. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

5. GunCon

GunCon Member

HAH, just fixed it by bashing my PS2 on the top ;) (dont do it too hard tho)

6. kevinmark

kevinmark Guest

this had happend yesterday.

7. kevinmark

kevinmark Guest

i did the bashing thing and it made some cd work. but then it got worst

8. M13

M13 Member

when i hit my ps2 it worked but i would have to constantly do this for gta san andreas and after i did that i looked at the disc and it was scratched. but i tried my game on my friends ps2 and it worked. any answers

9. dlocke

dlocke Regular member

disc read errors I hear are caused by the laser being the wrong distance from the media. There are faqs (google search) how to fix this but I also heard a class action suit was won and Sony must fix all ps2's that give 'd.r.e.' for free (you pay shipping though).

My friend had his done and I'm considering doing it myself.

10. kevinmark

kevinmark Guest

my ps2 had many problems stupid lens, the reset and eject botton and more. a shop had fix it 8 days ago then next day it broke when somebody open my ps2. im not going back to the shop and pay onother money. i want it fix soon because i want to play the gta san adreas, wwe smackdown vs. raw metal gear 3. and other release game

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2004