1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 wont read CD's at all any help????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Iceburgh, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Iceburgh

Iceburgh Member

my ps2 will not read any form of cd games or audio. does anyone else have this problem?it plays dvd just fine with no hitch, but when i insert a cd i get [bold]"cannot read disc"[/bold]. can any one explain what the problem is to me or know of a known fix for it, not reading cd's. yes i have done the laser eye adjuster wheel on ever notch but without any luck.

2. account

account Guest

3. Iceburgh

Iceburgh Member

thanks for the site help , im combing through now looking for answers but i have another. is "cant read disc" - "disc read error" whats the difference between them as i am getting the cant read
    also i read on gamefaqs that i possibly have a voltage problem with cd thats what only cd's have that problem. any truth to that? anyone ever fix their voltage on ps2?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2-v4 fliptop/SMD
    NEC 1300A
    dvd shrink v3.1
    nero 6/alcohol 120%
    ritek media
    (flawless back-ups so far)[/small]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  4. Iceburgh

Iceburgh Member

well all done the disc read error guide from gamefaqs worked now i can run cd's on my ps2. it was a voltage problem that i fixed with a lil tweek of a screwdriver. so if any of you have the same problem check out gamefaqs.com, ps2 under hardware.