1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 wont recognize hard drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by memorex86, Sep 30, 2004.

1. memorex86

memorex86 Member

hey
    I got a maxtor 80 GB that everyone says should work but when I boot up my ps2 it doesn't recognize it and doesn't format it. Plus, my hd loader won't work. I put in the disk and it says "put in ps2 compatible disk" but all my games and everything work. What the hell's going on?!?!

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

ps2 won't recognize un-official HDD. do you have an modded ps2? to format the HDD, use hdloader since it does the formatting for you.

3. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

btw, it's normal for the ps2 that won't recognize the hdd. just use hdloader, it will recognize the hdd.

4. memorex86

memorex86 Member

the hd loader disk wont work though. It says to insert a ps2 compatible disk

5. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

you have the original hdloader? did u check for scratch, lens might be dirty?

6. memorex86

memorex86 Member

The disk is original, not copied. It could be the lens, the disk looks fine but I haven't gotten to try it out on a different ps2 yet. I put it into my computer and the comp could read the files. Plus, my ps2 reads CD's and DVD's just fine. I'll try to clean the lens and hopefully that solves the problem otherwise if you have any other suggestions let me know and thanks for the help so far.

7. SnipesXxX

SnipesXxX Member

Chances are your HDD doesnt have the jumper in the right spot. Make sure there is a jumper on master.

8. memorex86

memorex86 Member

I made sure it was, plus I've tried it in every single spot and without the jumper on the hard drive. I guess I'm going to just try and download hd loader or advance off the internet or try to copy my disk and see if that works.