1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 won't spin or play bought games after attempt to 'glue' switches - PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by barryboy, Nov 23, 2004.

1. barryboy

barryboy Member

I followed the instructions on another thread of how to 'cover' the switches of the new slim console in order to use swapmagic.

After successfully covering the switches it woudln't spin any discs. So i removed the covers, scraped off any glue. and made sure the switch would still function when the lip was opened and closed. And now it wont spin ANYTHING. I read in another thread about speculation that the console is smart and does this when it sense it is being tampered with.

My question is. IS there any way to fix this? Is there some sort or master reset or anything that will clear the 'memory'? ANyone else have this problem and find a solution? PLease help!

2. turnejsj8

turnejsj8 Member

i only no that super glue is not good to use loads of people have fcuked up with it well i dont think its smart i think the super glue is running down on to the motherboard and damaging it.

hope you can fix it

3. turnejsj8

turnejsj8 Member

i only no that super glue is not good to use loads of people have fcuked up with it well i dont think its smart i think the super glue is running down on to the motherboard and damaging it.

hope you can fix it