1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Won't stay on?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by feedshow, Feb 22, 2005.

1. feedshow

feedshow Member

Hi,

Have a modded ps2, which for the most part has been working fine close to half a year now.
    Tonight I was playing a real copy (non-backup) of GTA: Vice City (decided to start over) and out of nowhere the consol shuts off. So I try to turn it back on and the light (on the power button) flashes green for a moment and then back to red, it won't even stay running long enough for me to eject the game out

anyone have ANY ideas as to what might be wrong here?

oh and I have a V9 ps2 if that helps

thanks.

2. halo13

halo13 Regular member

Is your fan spinning? Sounds like it stoped and your ps2 is overheating.

3. feedshow

feedshow Member

I thought that too, but now it's been a day later and the same thing is hapening
    although I THOUGHT last night I tried it again and it came on but the fan didn;t spin...but today it's just sittign there doing the same thing again

4. feedshow

feedshow Member

I could be wrong on this but to me it seems like the ps2 shuts itself back off just as when the blue eject light is supposed to turn on:S

5. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

your ps2 motherboard is gone you have to buy a new one or send it to me and ill fix it!

6. feedshow

feedshow Member

well...if the board is give out yet you say you can fix it why not just tell me what you think is gone on the board?

:S