1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2, XBOX, press burner

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by dooby1, Apr 14, 2007.

1. dooby1

dooby1 Member

my question is how to back up games without using mod chip, swap magic, nero, and all those other utilities...i heard there is a press burner that will rip code (including boot sector) directly from disk..I don't care what the cost is, i just want to know if there is such a device and where to find it...no info in guides so can somebody weigh in on the subject...

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

yeah you could if you had one

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

But you would still need to rip the original games, and then make the glass masters with the media check intact. That's harder than ripping them as the media check is a very heavily guarded piece of information.
    I checked around a few commercial suppliers.. The press burner you refer to (which rips and then prints) is an urban myth, otherwise all the pirates on the planet would be using them to duplicate every kind of disk. The presses cost around $10,000 though blanks are next to nothing as you can only buy them in multiples of 5000 and above. The presses accept what are known as glass-master tapes which are produced and sent to the disk pressing plants by the media companies.. They are usually not protected format as such, though you need expensive professional software to make and decode them..
    If you see .ddp format audio cd files on the internet from time to time.. those are a glass-master format, and are probably stolen from pressing plants.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  4. dooby1

dooby1 Member

thanks janrocks for the info..after further research i have found little on the subject but will continue my search..i will contact the manufacturers and see what i come up with..will check back in with more info..thanks again for your feedback...