1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by calad99, Oct 11, 2004.

1. calad99

calad99 Member

got an iso image of 3,078,048kb athens 2004 can this go on cds or only dvd as the chip in ps2 only play cd copy not dvd copies

2. knapptown

knapptown Member

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the chip in ps2 will only play cd copy and not dvd copy. What modchip do you have? I believe it depends on whther or not the game is cd or dvd-rom based which you can tell by looking on the back of your original and you will see a dvd-rom logo if it is dvd-rom based. dvd-rom based games should only be put onto dvd media from my understanding. That looks like a small .iso file anyways to be a complete game.

3. calad99

calad99 Member

im not sure what chip but ive tried games which are on dvd and they dont load were cd games always do the game is all there its about 3.22gb ive burnt the iso image to dvd but as i say wont play just wonered if it can be compressed or something to fit on cd

4. knapptown

knapptown Member

Are you using the swap disk or a soddered modchip to play burnt games?? I've been using swap disk but really don't have any experience with a modchip that's been soddered in so you don't have to switch disks in and out.

5. calad99

calad99 Member

ye i have to swap disks to play the games

6. knapptown

knapptown Member

This may be a stupid question but you are using the dvd 2.0 swap magic disk to load dvd games and the cd disk for cd games?? I don't think there is a way you can compress a file that size made for a dvd onto a cd and make it play like you want but I have seen some forums on this site about compressing dual layer dvd's to a single dvd or something like that. you may want to look into that type of thing to see if it is applicable to what you want to do or if it will work at all.

7. calad99

calad99 Member

im using dvd regionx