1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dragnandy, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

hey im new here, nice forum by the way.

i was wondering, if i get a hard drive for my ps2,

1.does the hard drive mean i can have games saved on to and dont need to burn it to cd's/dvd's?

2.what things do you need?( a list)

3.are u only limited to certain types of games?

4.average price/ how easy is it to install all theese things?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i was wondering, if i get a hard drive for my ps2,

1.does the hard drive mean i can have games saved on to and dont need to burn it to cd's/dvd's?
    Yes, you can install and play your games from the hard drive rather than a disk, about 95% ofthem should work.

2.what things do you need?( a list)
    if you have a fat PS2
    1. a network adapter
    2. a compatible hard drive
    3.and HD Advanced/memorycard exploit of HD Loader/ a modchip that has hard drive support.

3.are u only limited to certain types of games?
    as above there are some games that just do not work from a hard drive, but about 95% of them should

4.average price/ how easy is it to install all theese things?
    these days you can get about a 250GB HDD for $90 online at stores like Newegg.com or Tigerdirect. Just cheak a compatibility list online for the model listed to see if it will work. And installing a hard drive is so simple...a caveman could do it, LOL
    http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list&PHPSESSID=e09f29d370f09d37fcd9cab8e9dbb1a9

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

hey steimy ur post was helpful. what would i need if i had a slim one?

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

SO easy a caveman can do it, lol. Good one steimy =P

Anyway, to the Topic Creator, I highly recommend doing what steimy suggested and opt for a fat PS2. The USB Extreme/Advance (whatever the name exactly) has horrid game compatibility and hardly anyone bothers with it anymore, hence, why the games working for HDL and Toxic OS is so much higher than USB. And plus, the ventilation system in the old fat PS2s are incredibly superb so you can play at extended lengths with no problems. Personally, with my v15 slim PS2, I have to really go by the booklet on suggested hour times and nurture it as though it were as old as my fat PS2 due to the overheating problems I've been suffering through. It's pretty darn shame and sad too considering the money I put into buying a slim PS2, but hey, the portability is nice, definitely nice. I too am suggesting getting an HD but not for the slim PS2. Most USB HDs run slow and the transfer rates from PC to PS2 can be monstrously slow compared to have easily you can move files around connecting an HD right to your PC.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007