1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2cover.com for real?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by don99, Oct 7, 2004.

1. don99

don99 Guest

I would like to know if anyone has purchased a cover through PS2cover.com? If so how was the service?Are there any other outlets for these covers available?
    Thanks,
    Don

2. DPB

DPB Member

I would also like to know about people who ordered from them recently. I heard good things about them at first. Now I did a search here and a lot of people had problems with them back in january. I ordered from them and now before I saw those complaints and now I just hope they send it.. heh. Thanks guys.

3. wilmero

wilmero Member

Try ps2case.com they can be contacted by phone as well.

Wilmero

4. kmichele

kmichele Member

I ordered from PS2cover & got my item very quickly. One out of several was broken & they are replacing it for me n/c. So far it works great.....but I suggest if you decide on one of the clear full cases - be prepared for lots of disassembly! I just changed my top and left the rest alone.

5. don99

don99 Guest

they keep sending messages that they are getting to it...I'm a little anxious that they are on the sly about it..?? Maybe It's me..Paranoid
    Thanks for the reply
    Don

6. kmichele

kmichele Member

I hope you get your order soon. I forget where they're located. I had ordered several things at once and one of them was located in Florida in a heavy hurricane damaged area. Was it possibly them?

7. bpitt

bpitt Member

I ordered hdloader from them 1 week ago. I believe they are located in Hong Kong, at least that is where my order is coming from. One strange thing though. I received an email supposedly from them yesterday stating that I left out my name as it appears on my credit card. I'm 99% sure I submitted that in on the order form but I replied anyway. Then today I received a call on my cell (again supposedly form ps2cover) and they said my name was missing from the order. I gave it to them. Then I realized that I don't think I gave them my cell #. Was it really them or did someone get my order info and was trying to get some personal info from me? I'm looking into it, but in the meantime I'm still hoping they are legit and I get my order.

8. kmichele

kmichele Member

Wow - that's a scary scenario! I didn't have any problems like that with them, but I can honestly say that I'd be extremely wary of that. I'd be contacting my credit card company a.s.a.p. letting them know of the one charge that is legit just in case "others" show up.

Good luck!
    KMC

9. psmo290

psmo290 Member

i'm currently trying to exchange my ps2 cover to a multitab adaptor at ps2cover right now. it's really taking a long time. service is not bad but really slow, they need a phone number

10. don99

don99 Guest

I received an email from them (ps2cover.com) saying that the swap disc's they had gotten were defective and had to be returned to the manufactuer. They offered to cancel my order and refund my $ if I wanted them to. Since it's been this long, 10 days+, I'll continue waiting and see what happens.
    I'll update more when I hear something.

11. B-R

B-R Member

try www.psxservices.co.uk

12. wilmero

wilmero Member

Just an update, I got my order in 4 days from ps2case.com with no problems at all and a tracking number...we're all happy now playing MK Deception! I hope the rest of you get your orders from ps2cover.

Wilmero

13. imcarlos

imcarlos Member

I ordered HDloader, but they always explain that they have mail problems, that the other departments didn't answer yet etc. I've waiting for two months, and I think I loose my money.
    So I decided to purchase HDadvance on another website recommended by hdadvance.com, and I received it one week later. I'm very happy with HDadvance, it supports up to 200GB, it's price is more or less the same than HDloader, and it works fine expect for some games like Peter Pan but the list is published on hdadvance.com.
    So I strongly recommend to avoid ps2cover.com, they sell old things like HDloader and they are really not trustable.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  14. pgtdrver

pgtdrver Member

The same thing happened to me don99. Except they told me they recalled the broken ones and sent out the good ones. It's been about a month since I ordered this... I'm emailing them again.

15. loner23

loner23 Guest

Does anyone know on average how long it takes them to send out your order?

16. knapptown

knapptown Member

I ordered from thegiantstore.com and selected ground shipping (wasn't in a rush) and I had it in a week. They even have a phone number on the website and I called them and confirmed my online order and they were helpful and knowledgable about my order. I had no problems with them. I believe it was $59.99 for the flip-top cover and the swap magic disk set.

17. knapptown

knapptown Member

oh yeah, the only thing was it came wrapped up in old newspaper and no set of instructions, but you can easily find instructions (with pictures even) on the net.

18. JvtT

JvtT Member

I ordered since August 13. I emailed them two weeks later and they said they had something wrong with their online processing with the transaction I guess. They said I can pay them by paypal so they will ship right away, which I did. I still haven't gotten it and its been almost three months. At least they respond to my emails the day after. They sent excuses after excuses, like the one about the defective disc being returned to the manufacturer.

19. JvtT

JvtT Member

Oh yeah, I ordered the swap disc and the lid top. They emailed me that the lid top was on its way and the swap disc will be shipped from somewhere else. They also said that I will be emailed that the swap disc has been sent. I received the lid top in mid September. Another two weeks past and I emailed them. They said I shouldve gotten the swap disc already and now they're reshipping it. I did not receive and email about the disc being on its way. So I dunno. maybe there was no first shipping.

20. tmkansell

tmkansell Member

A few months ago I ordered from them and waited almost 2
    months without getting my order. They kept having one
    problem after another. I finally got ahold of their phone
    number. Someone posted it on a forum on this site
    somewhere, im sure you could find it if you searched. after
    calling them about 4 times they finally told me the only way I
    could get my money back is to contact my bank. I did nad
    had to cancel my check card and get a new one sent to me in
    the mail. Very Horrible experience over all. I ordered the
    fliptop with swapdiscs from a different site and got it the