1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2OWNZ.com SUCKS AZZ

Discussion in 'PS2' started by andyfrank, Nov 9, 2004.

1. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

this site is so shitty and greedy now...first off u cannot register with online email addresses, only ISP based like comcast and stuff...second off i got pissed at them because i was trying to help some kid and i posted a link to a guide from this site and when i posted it would block out the name name of ur site with ******** its so gay greedy ass holes....3rd of all...i went to the site feedback and bitched at them and then they banned my IP and it says follow this link to fix your broken user name and u have to pay them with paypal 10 bucks to get ur account back...and people say they are the leader in ps2 backups and shit YEA FUCKIN RIGHT!!!

just thought u wanted to know =)

2. jonels

jonels Regular member

you don't have to pay them anything just re-register via a nice anonymous proxy (search they are not hard to find) ..and i'm sure you could get more addresses from your ISP ... i have a fair bit of experience with this as i seem to get banned fairly often... dunno why though

3. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

o well i think they are a bunch of crooks who are greedy but yea its just my story of hatred

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah that site does suck for real I agree with andyfrank if you want I made a thread that was saying they are shitty also here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/99801 haha lol you aint the only one who thinks they suck man.I think there are about 20 people here that feel the same way about them maybe even more.

5. pirkster

pirkster Member

Well, at least you can find good information over there. I've asked several questions about ripping DVD-9s here, and no one even bothered to reply. So, either I was being ignored or the posters had no clue.

A quick trip over to ps2ownz answered my question in 15 minutes.

Personally, I like both boards. But, to each his own.

Andyfrank - there's a simple solution for what you want to do. Just set yourself up a free netzero account and use that email address. Worked for me.

Also, carefully read the rules of use. Many sites don't allow you to link to them because they REQUIRE users to log in to view subject matter. It's not greed, it's protecting their interests. Just like some things are taboo here (such as posting passwords), most of the same things are also taboo there. It's all to keep everyone as 'honest' as legally possible.

Also, perhaps they didn't particularly care for how you eloquently "b*tched at them". As the book says, that's no way to win friends and influence people.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  6. billz

billz Active member

I like ps2ownz board but You'll definately have a friend at h++p://www.ps2newz.net/ they hate ownz as much as you.

7. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

I agree with you guys, my ip was banned for what reason I don't know. I've only posted a couple times. It would have been nice for them to tell me why at least. Oh well there are better sites out there, don't need them if they wanna be ass holes.

8. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

they say they are a LEADER in ps2 dev. like they wanted donations for their ps2 console id changer, then like paradox comes out with one which is free and its awesome and yea they are shitty

9. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i tried registering a long time ago, i dont think it ever worked... anyway, i like reading their news topics, and they have some good guides, but most downloads and stuff require you to login, which is bullshit..

if you have a question which nobody will answere here try www.fileforums.com, yes it requires a register but they are so fast at posts and stuff, its just harder to find your way around the website i think

10. 2005

2005 Regular member

I have no problems with ps2ownz, regestier with a ISP email and read and follow the rules and youll have no problems as i havent. Theres lots of good info and alot of knowledgeable people with good input, just FOLLOW THE RULES. :)

11. pirkster

pirkster Member

Agreed!

The have very good, accessible downloads and very informative stickys. Just be patient and wait until you are allowed access to downloadable content.