1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2Ownz HD Loader with GameShark Mod Chip and a

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Willach, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Willach

Willach Member

I have been able to boot PS2 HD Loader and format the hard drive to load games. The Hard Drive is a IBM model# DPTA-372050. I have loaded Devil May Cry, Hitman 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3. They all loaded fine but when i go to play them the scren goes black. I here this is the best PS2 forum any suggestions? Thank you...

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

is your hd set on "master"

some hd's aren't compatiable with PS2

3. Willach

Willach Member

The Hard Drive is set on master and there is a very similar IBM drive on the compatability chart. But I will try to get a tested one. I also downloaded HD loader tools clone cd usa ps2 - kfc. Could this help my original problem?

4. superstui

superstui Regular member

do you have the original Hd loader?

5. Alex115

Alex115 Member

i fix the problem. Go see me post

6. ras69

ras69 Member

I read your post but I don't think that this is the case. My PS2 is modded. It boots fine and I am having the same issue as Willach. I think that it has something to do with the KFC version.
    Even in the INFO file, it says:
    GOT BLACK SCREEN? TRY TO CRACK IT .
    So this makes me think that the version we have does not allow for us to play the games, just copy them to the hard drive.

7. Alex115

Alex115 Member

Correctly correct,i also try to boot the HD loader tools clone cd usa ps2 - kfc with the cd loader , it load fine but when come up the load sreen of the game, it turn black. After that , i download the hd loader ps2owns and it works fine.

8. ras69

ras69 Member

OK, so I would say that it is safe to say that the KFC version (HD loader tools clone cd usa ps2 - kfc) does not play games, it only allows you to copy them to the drive. Can anyone PM me with a link so I can download ps2owns version?