1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2ownz hdloader onto cd help please

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Stinky_1, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

So I downloaded one of these files and unpacked the .rar file. The only thing is I have 7 parts showing in my torrent folder. All of them seem to have the exact same thing in them. So I figured I only need the contents of one of those folders. The only problem is that I have only 4 files.

they are

"ps2 ownz" MS info document
    ps2own hdloader.cue
    ps2ownz.gif image
    ps2owns hdloader.bin

I am assuming I need to do something with this bin file but I dont know what. I have a mod chip in my ps2 that is a direct boot chip. I burnt the downloaded program directly to a CD as well as a DVD and booted it up. Both of them said "please insert a ps2 disc" on the red screen.

Is there somthing I need to do to this file or is there some other file I should have?

I used nero 6 for all burning proceses.

Please do not turn this thread into a "memory card hack" thread on me. I need to get this downloaded version working before I can even think about doing that. (which is next on the list)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

save the bin and cue file in a folder, then burn the cue to cd.

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

SO i ONLY WANT THE

.cue

file actually burnt onto the cd? Or do I want to have the .bin file that is in the folder burnt still inside the folder on the cd?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

have them both in the same folder. When you burn the cue, the bin will automatically be burned also, i used dvd decrypter to burn it.

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I am trying it right now. Hopefully this works. I wanted to get it all setup tonight if possible.

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

When I select the folder I have both files saved in it only shows me the .bin file. Then if I change the file selection thing to "show all" and select the .cue file it puts up a warning that .cue file types are not suported at this time.

Is there a special thing I need to allow this thing to do it anyway?

Also do I have to burn it to DVD or does it matter? CD's are cheaper so I would rather it go on one of those if it will still work.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

alright then, burn the bin. have you tried this yet? Also, burn to cd.

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

Yes I burnt the bin to a cd and also to a dvd neither one worked.

I am thinking It may be esier to just go straight to the PS1 and memory card hack. WIth a little playing around with a different version I downloaded I am able to get the green screen bar thing and the screen that looks like this

[​IMG]

Only where it says "installing exploit" I get a line that says "error: unable to locate 'TILE.DB'"

I think this is because my memory card is at my brothers house. So it doesnt have anywhere to write the folder to. Plus I dont have a PS1 game here so I cant even load a number into the title for it to load. So I guess it will have to wait till tomorrow when I can go to my parents and steal one of my brothers ps1 games, and get my memory card back.

Thanks for your help so far.

Ultimatly I would still like this hdd loading off a copied version of the loader rather than my memory card and a ps1 game. But if thats all I can get working then Ill take it over the alternative.

9. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

so I got my memory card and I got that cd out again. I made a TITLE.DB file that has the number for 4 different games I have here.

They are

Cool boarders 3
    tomb raider (something)
    NHL 99
    Codebreaker

I loaded it into the memory card and it said it was all ready to go.

Now when I turn the ps2 on with one of the boot cd's (ps1 disc) it usually goes to the browser then loads the cd and says "please insert ps2 disc"

Sometimes it just loads the game up normal.

My questions is, is there something I need to push at a certain point to load the file off the card? How far does the screen normally go before it starts the boot sequence for the hdloader?

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Can somebody tell me the exact name of the files they have on their hdloader disc? including the ones inside the "FILE" folder??

Right now I have 3 different downloads I am working with. One says

"HDloader"
    "HD loader exploit"
    "hd loader + exploit"

I am assuming I want to be dealing with the last one to do the meory car boot. But If the first one is really the HD loader cd I would rather have a way to burn that onto a disc and run right into hd loader off that. (I have a mod chip)

Any help is apreciated since I have gone through about 20 cd's now. If I go through anymore I may as well just buy the stupid program!

10. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

well after long long LONG LAST I FINALLY got a copy of this thing to work.

I must not have been reading what you guys were saying right or something because I finally read it here

http://forums.lite.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/109289

and it made a whole lot more sense. I popped the disc in and it worked perfect. Now my old PC hard drive is installed, formatted and in the process of loading San Andreas onto it. in about 20 minutes I can test it out.

NOW I need to see how to do this for my brothers unmodded PS2. I am going to have to do the memory card exploit, but I havnt been having all that much luck with it so far. I may just end up modding his PS2 instead.