1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 1.80 Debug Firmware Released look!! Could this be it?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sniper78, Jun 4, 2007.

1. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I'm down with trying anything. I have a walmart warranty where I get a new ps3 if anything happens.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Try it then. Can you give me the link to where you saw that please?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. bopran

bopran Guest

Sounds like rubbish i think.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I want to see the link...Show me please?

5. footylad

footylad Guest

Hows this looking guys any news on it working at all? Could 1.8 turn to be the homebrew for the PS3 then? Anyone forward a link also, thanks

Footylad

6. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Update #3: More NiCE news- PS3 Devs read on: Tonight at PS3Dev.PS3News.com resident Dev'er HanSooloo has shared with everyone the PS3 Firmware Table of Contents Revealed along with the Module Names and Their Address and Lengths! To non-Devs this may seem confusing, but rest assured it's BOTH a PS3 scene first and definite PROGRESS!! Cheers to HanSooloo along with all of the PS3 Devs who assisted him with this excellent accomplishment!!

Update #2: H3R3T1C has now started an Unpacked PS3UPDAT.PUP findings thread for those interested in sharing their findings while examining the PS3 v1.80 Debug Firmware.

Update: The PS3 v1.80 Debug Firmware is now publically released and available from our PS3 Downloads section. For those curious, no, it will NOT currently install on a retail PS3 console. Resident PS3 Dev'er StrontiumDog has confirmed this for us by attempting it on his own retail PS3- and although it will cause no damage, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)

On a brighter note, work is already underway examining the PS3 Debug v1.80 Firmware, and thus far subdub has shared with us on iRC EFnet #PS3News the following from the packed file: "I see first difference @ 0x17... 14 EA for normal Firmware and 14 EB for Debug." Only time will tell where this leads... but here is to hoping for some more $CE leaks soon, and a PS3 $DK would be handy too. Enjoy all!

As hinted last night in my Blog, several PS3 Debug (also referred to as TEST) Firmware versions have recently been leaked, and tonight we are kicking things off in sharing the latest PS3 v1.80 Debug Firmware with the PS3 community courtesy of a very NiCE but anonymous source! For those wondering, PS3 Debug Firmware allows game testers/reviewers to run both unsigned code and PS3 game images burned to Blu-ray Disc from a PS3 Debug/TEST machine.

Please NOTE that at this time it is still being examined by resident PS3 Dev'ers, and end-users should NOT (under any circumstances) attempt to install it in a retail PS3 console or you will likely end up with a $600 paperweight!

More details to come shortly along with the release... stay tuned folks!

http://www.ps3news.com/

Maybe im stuck on stupid today but how is a debug firmware going to help?

7. footylad

footylad Guest

this sounds great, maybe our waiting time will soon be over this is the begging of something big i feel

Footylad

8. bopran

bopran Guest

Dont get your hopes up. Sony would never be this careless

9. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

It seems like this 1.80 debug can run on dev ps3s as stated. If we can get a hold of one of these dev ps3s and copy the hardware a chip or some mod could be created.

10. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

new update!!!

Update #4: OK, it's getting a bit lengthy here but we'll see where this leads before starting a new Site News post. Today at PS3Dev.PS3News.com Dev'er HanSooloo has shared a preliminary PS3 NAND Analysis along with the following: Samsung NAND Access, NAND Bandmap, and flashmgr-0.2.0.tar.gz for those interested.

In other PS3 news today, we are pleased to have run across an anonymous PS3 $DK Docs leak- VERY useful for Dev'ers wishing to learn from! Needless to say, we can't post the files here as they belong to $CE, however, we can share with the public a PS3 $DK Doc FileList for those curious of the leak's contents.

11. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Hmm they're really working hard over there. They may be on to something.

12. profycy

profycy Member

well too late for me i just sold my ps3...

13. bopran

bopran Guest

I think you should calm down. It could be nothing.

Whats the background on these people that are doing the tests that have got hold of this apperantly 'leaked' FW?

Are they a previously trusted source?
    if so what have they done in the past?

My money is on this turning out to be nothing at all.
    I will eat my words if im wrong, but i doubt it.

14. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Ya there are so many things happening now that one of these discoveries is going to lead to a hack soon hopefully. I just hope it's soon because the 360 is so simple to hack now that it would be worth it going with that. But I haven't given up on my ps3, just a little board with it.

15. bopran

bopran Guest

I agree that there will be a hack eventually. Also i look forward to the day.
    As for Xbox 360, I hope your joking. Yes easy to hack, but so badly made that they die before 6 months of use. Ive been through 3 now and have moved swiftly on to PS3, and I must say so far im loving the PS3 more than the shoddy 360 in every way.

16. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I agree with them being made like crap my sisters boy friend has gone through 2 in the past year. He won't let me flash his drive. So at the time being my ps3 is a really nice ps2. I'm not gonna get a 360 I'm just gonna be playing socom: ca until something happens. O and don't buy nba street home court.

17. bopran

bopran Guest

Thanks for the advice. Will check back on this thread if any think happens later today. (Fingers crossed I guess!)

18. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Wow I hope somethign brews now. It's almost summer break for me!

19. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

hi, iv read all this, but im not 100% what it all means?

what does it mean?

thanks

20. footylad

footylad Guest

This gets better and better, so not long now the wait is finally over i believe just need someone like Dark Alex to help the small pieces that have occured so far to make one big Summer blessing!

Footylad