1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 40GB MODEL

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by K.HAMMETT, Oct 13, 2007.

1. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

hi there, saw in the window of game and gamestation of the ps3 40gb model that costs £299, just wanting to know whats the difference between the 40gb model n the 60gb model apart from the hard drive size?

coz if thats the only difference between the 2 then i might aswel get the 40gb model n rip out the hard drive n replace it with a 500gb sata drive which is what i thought about doing anyway with the 60gb model

thanks

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

No wifi, no multi memory card readers, and worst of all no backwards compatibility.

3. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Actually it still has Wifi. Look it up in wikipedia and it has the difernces listed in a nice chart.

4. robbo94

robbo94 Guest

just get a 60gb model there only £50 more at currys n argos n probably other places now.

5. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Its still has Wifi..No card reader & no BC.

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

No card reader... Does anybody find use for the card reader? Is it only for displaying pics and movies and mp3s off of a card?

7. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

Also the current 60 bundle has a second controller and two games, that already cover the price difference by far if bought separately.

8. drakex

drakex Regular member

Memory card reader, for some NOT knowledgeable PS3 and PSP gamers its usefull to pass their Downloaded ISOs to their memories and pass stuff from one to the other, I use it for the Exploit and thats it, but its better to have it thannot to have it, sides I created a 32MB memory stick to backup all my save games instead of the USB memory... now the Backwards Compatability YES IT is the worst thing Sony can DO, I cant afford a new PS3 game yet, but I will rather play all my 40 PS2 games on the PS3../.

9. Adam_16

Adam_16 Member

yh and also it doesnt have the gloss finish to it like the 60gb but jus a matte finish, n the chrome disc tray face is silver not shiny as fook, im gettin a 60gb for christmas but when they go out of stock sony are stopping makin the 60gb, so if they do go out of stock before christmas im happy with a 40b because its still got wifi, i mean the card readers are a bit pointless n i bet loads of dust and finger marks get on the 60gb because its like my hdtv is sort of the same n it gets dusty realy quick.

so can any1 tell me any faults with the 40gb???