1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 and media streaming

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ooZEROoo, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i cant get the streaming thing to work at all ive tried wmp11 nero media home and tversity nothing works all the services that i need to have running are upnp is available on my ps3 its is also enabled on my router why doesnt my pc detect my ps3 at all people have been having this problem all over the web i have done everything people have told me to do and whats even more messed up is that i met a person with the same problem he got his to work then refused to tell anyone else how what a tool my network is wired through linksys befsr41 any and all suggestions would be much appreciated

2. Colemanvt

Colemanvt Member

having the same problem bro I'm running the ps3 wirelessly through a linksys wrt54gl no go... you don't have to use ethernet do you? if so that would be pretty dumb if you ask me

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

its almost as though on every forum ive been on people like us get ignored when it comes to this situation and i know it does not matter if its wired or wireless seeing that ive helped other people get theres going on different setups but when it comes to mine it just wont work anyone with any networking know how please help us

4. Colemanvt

Colemanvt Member

Yeah I guess how it works is your ps3 shows up in wmp11 or it doesn't if it doesn't you gotta use one of those other programs for the server. I dunnnoo I don't guess it really matters. But the people on this forum are good and they will help when they can.

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

very true this is the best forum ive come across it taught me everything i know about game backups and playstation exploits but u were saying to use a different app nothing at all works either my pc or my router wont allow it i can ping my ps3 upnp is available im at nat 2 my firewalls have been configured to allow streaming im about to give up but the odd thing is that every other network app ive tried has worked (elf files for ps2 and ps3 proxy for getting warhawk) but as far as this goes no luck not to mention that if i boot linux i can go into my windows network and retrieve files that are stored on my main pc

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  6. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

yea...it works randomly for me...one hour it works the next it doesnt...it sucks...

7. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

from what ive been reading its because the ps3 uses random ports each time its turned on so if u have nero make it use a fixed port and that should take care of ur problem

8. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

ok ive narrowed it down to my pc something in my pc wont allow the ps3 to communicate with it at first i thought it might be the router or firewall but all of my ps2 files that require a pc work so the router is allowing communication between pc and playstation so what in my computer is stopping it if my firewalls are disabled

9. Colemanvt

Colemanvt Member

yeah that's what mine is doing too. You running vista or xp? My vista doesn't see it and I can't access the ip via \\(ip address). but I can't get wmp11 on my xp partition to try it out because um... my xp... is... not... genuine? heheh :-D

10. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

theyre ways around the whole genuine windows thing but im running xp i cant remember where i saw it but u can basically bypass the validation because i thought about doing the same and have a partition for vista but if i do go with bug infested vista it wiuld not be genuine.....if someone made a media server that could direct connect (type in the ip of ur ps3) i am almost positive that would work to cure this month long headache i am having why does something so simple refuse to work for us and the only reason i say its the pc is because ive tried wmp11 tversity(which from what ive seen is the best) and nero media home and ive never had a network problem before i could be wrong but ive tried 2 different routers and still no luck PLEASE HELP US it seems to be a common problem yet i cant find a solution where is the computer and networking genius we all need

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  11. Sudds

Sudds Active member

With TVersity you have to manually add its exe to windows firewall, it doesnt do it automatically.
    Can you see either Neros icon or any other streamer you tried in the PS3 XMB? Have you tried scanning for streamers on the PS3?

12. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

The Problem I had was in my Network Connections folder. I overcome it by going to Network Connections, right click on Local Area Connection, on the General Tab scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and double click it. I checked the Use The Following IP Address and entered my settings then I pressed okay. I think this made my IP static and it seems to of worked. I know next to nothing on networking and stuff but it done the trick for me.

PS. Hi Sudds :)

13. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Alright Johno!
    Havent seen you online PS3 for awhile, whats up?

14. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

i tried that as well before still no luck i believe im about to give up on it and go back to that crap orb but ive been using that for a couple of months i wanna access media from the xmb

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  15. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

yee true enough. Gonna start again now, im oline as we speak :). I just got a new game: Def Jam ICON. really good, although it seems slow online and no headset can be used :(. The story mode is really good though. Also gonna start playin resistance again, now that I've joined GameBattles.com. well thats me.

@ooZEROoo
    sorry my method never helped.

16. player110

player110 Member

i have the ps3 updated 2 the 1.82v and it has the search for media icon now i can connect to it by nero media home not a problem but when i look up for files there is nothing there. i have selected the file to share by media home but i just cant get it to work any 1 know y help would b nice from any1 that has done it. thanks people

17. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

well help me connect to nero thats the first step because i cant connect to anything

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  18. player110

player110 Member

install microsoft net frameworks 1 and sp1
    open nero then share then home mediahome
    select a file to share
    and press start server
    turn ps3 on
    select search for media server and it should pik up the pc server
    let me know how u go............

19. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member