1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 and my home network

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ooZEROoo, May 31, 2007.

1. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

First off i wanted to say that this is a great forum i have learned many things from these forums and im happy to be a part of it but my problem im having now i havnt been able to find a solution i have a ps3 with firmware 1.8 comcast internet a linksys wired router and of cours my pc i got all sorts of happy when i saw that i could do media streaming using the xmb instead of a web based app like orb i have tried wmp and nero media home but i cant get my pc to see my ps3 at all at first i thought that it was windows media so i went on to my nero 7 and it wont see it under the devices tab either people have been on playstation forums talking about the same problem but whenever it gets brought up its almost like we get ignored my mcafee firewall and windows firewalls are disabled and still no go so im thinking its the router now so if there is anyone who thinks that they can help me and a few others please feel free to do so is there something wrong in my network setup also i saw about upnp its enabled on my router and my ps3 says its available what did i miss